The Patriots and Browns are stumbling into this game with quite a few bumps and bruises, but that’s like every team this time of the season. Injuries are always a big part of the game, but the deeper you get into the season, the more they become a major factor.
Both teams have had their fair share of injuries and with the Browns they are on their third quarterback of the season already. As for the Patriots, they started out the year an offensive train-wreck due to injuries, but have turned it around nicely to bring themselves up to be number nine in total offense.
Let’s look at the full injury report for both teams:
- Alfonzo Dennard (knee & court) have not allowed him to practice this week and it’s looking like he’s a no go for Sunday.
- Steven Gregory (finger) was limited in practice. Should still play on Sunday.
- Marquice Cole (shin) was limited in practice this week. He should be active for Sunday’s game.
- Kyle Arrington (groin) practiced on a limited base this week. Seems like he’ll play.
- Michael Hoomanawanui (knee) returned to practice on a limited basis. It seems like he could play, but with Matthew Mulligan still on the active roster and FB James Develin it could be beneficial to give the Hooman another week.
- Kenbrell Thompkins (hip) was limited all week in practice and according to ESPN is unlikely to play
- Will Svitek (ankle) was lmited in practice. It’s tough for offensive lineman to play well with a bummed ankle, but they do it all the time. He’ll probably wrap it up tight and play Sunday, but no official word.
- Brandon Spikes (knee) was limited, but will likely play.
- Aaron Dobson (foot) has been ruled out for Sunday.
- Marcus Cannon (ankle) has also been ruled out.
-As far as players on the injury report that are listed as probable: Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Danny Amendola, Brandon Bolden, Matthew Slater and Shane Vereen.
- LB Tank Carder (shoulder) was limited this week.
- TE MarQueis Gray (hamstring) was limited all week.
- LB Craig Robertson (knee) was limited in practice.
- Brandon Weeden (concussion) has been ruled out.
-Probable players include: Jason Campbell, Paul Kruger, Spencer Lanning, Willis McGahee and Mitchell Schwartz.